Fife Violence Against Women Partnership Action Plan 2019-22
Published: Wednesday 11 Sep 2019 by Fife Council
Fife Violence Against Women Partnership Action Plan 2019-22 has been agreed by partners across Fife. It is the local response to Equally Safe - Scotland’s Strategy to Prevent and Eradicate Violence Against Women and Girls and the following priorities:
- Scottish society embraces equality and mutual respect and rejects all forms of violence against women and girls
- Women and girls thrive as equal citizens: socially, culturally, economically and politically
- Interventions are early and effective, preventing violence and maximising safety and wellbeing of women, children and young people
- Men desist from all forms of violence against women and girls and perpetrators of such violence receive a robust and effective response.
Violence Against Women impacts on significant numbers of women and children across Fife, the strategy addresses primary prevention, along with provision of services for victims and systems to hold perpetrators to account.
In Fife last year there were:
- 4436 domestic abuse incidents recorded by the police
- Fife Women’s Aid received 1424 referral for women and 404 children
- There were 674 high risk referrals to MARAC
- 944 crimes of indecency (sexual crimes) recorded by the police
- Third sector sexual abuse agencies received 565 new referrals
The action plan builds on previous work of partners detailed in the Annual Report 2018/19 which highlights the commitment of services to work together to address gender-based violence.
For more information contact Fife Violence Against Women Partnership
Tel: 01592 583690
Tel: 01592-583690 Contact Sheila Noble online
By Post: Brunton House High Street Cowdenbeath Fife KY4 9QU