Fife BSL Plan 2018 - 2024
Published: Monday 28 Jan 2019 by Fife Council
The British Sign Language (Scotland) Act 2015 was given Royal Assent in October 2015. The purpose of the Act is to promote the use of British Sign Language (B.S.L.) as a recognised language in Scotland.
The Act places a responsibility on local authorities to produce a local B.S.L. plan which details the actions each authority will take to achieve the Scottish Government’s long term goals.
Fife Council has been working closely with partner agencies and people who communicate through B.S.L. as their first language to produce Fife’s final British Sign Language Plan 2018 - 2024.
The following BSL clips can be seen on these links:
- Outcome 1: Scottish Public Services: Vimeo.com
- Outcome 2: Family Support, Early Learning and Childcare: Vimeo.com
- Outcome 3: School Education: Vimeo.com
- Outcome 4: Post-School Education Vimeo.com
- Outcome 5 :Training, Work and Social Security Vimeo.com
- Outcome 6: Health, Mental Health and Wellbeing Vimeo.com
- Outcome 7: Culture and the Arts Vimeo.com
- Outcome 8: Justice Vimeo.com
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 68 99 Contact Ian Wilson online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ