Scotland is currently pursuing its biggest education reform programme for a generation under the Scottish Executive’s Ambitious, Excellent Schools agenda.
Curriculum for Excellence is central to this reform agenda. At its heart, it is the programme of work that is reviewing the current curriculum. It aims to provide:
- More freedom for teachers
- Greater choice and opportunity for pupils
- A single coherent curriculum for all young people aged 3-18.
Curriculum for Excellence challenges us to think differently about the curriculum. It encourages those working in education to plan and act in new ways. It also poses challenges for learning and teaching.
Implementation of Curriculum for Excellence will go beyond the provision of guidance on curriculum content. It will have implications for:
- the teaching profession and other staff,
- the organisation of the curriculum in our schools and centres,
- the qualifications system,
- the recognition of wider achievement and
- the improvement framework.
More information is available from http://www.acurriculumforexcellencescotland.gov.uk/index.asp
Please see below for a letter dscussing proposed changes to the curriculm/school day for parents/carers to review. The next parent council meeting 3rd May at 7pm