You must comply with any conditions attached to a licence particularly where this applies to safety and health for the public and performers.
Click here for a link to the main licensing legislation
You can apply for a theatre licence online using the form to the right of this page. An application fee is payable.
- be in writing (including by electronic means)
- be signed by the applicant (including by electronic means)
- contain the applicant's name and address
- the address of the premises or place where the play will be performed
Fife Council will:
- send a copy of the application to Police Scotland (Fife Division)
- send a copy of the application to The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- send a copy of the application to the Council’s Environmental Services
- send a copy of the application to the Council’s Building Standards Service
Tacit Consent will not apply so you must obtain a licence before any performance takes place.
Failed Application Redress
Please contact Fife Council if you wish to find out why your application was refused.
You may appeal to the Sheriff against the decision within 21 days of the decision.