Good housing impacts on so many aspects of our daily lives. As well as being a basic human right, it also encourages a sense of community, helps economies to thrive and creates an environment people want to protect.
Our aim is to provide everyone with access to good quality, affordable housing that meets their need. Of course beyond that we want to improve the quality of life of people across Fife and we work with many different organisations, including tenants' groups, to try to make that happen.
We have three key roles.
We manage landlord services to over 30,000 houses in the kingdom by:
- managing housing lists and letting empty houses and garages,
- supporting tenants rights - and making sure they meet their responsibilities - on issues like rent payment, consultation and participation, and being a good neighbour; and
- improving houses and keeping them in good repair.
We support and assist over 3000 homeless households a year by:
- assessing applications and offering advice and support
- providing temporary accommodation - and helping to make it permanent
- working with and funding the voluntary sector to provide additional services
We lead housing strategies to improve housing conditions in Fife by:
- producing and implementing a local housing strategy and managing its links to other key plans such as the community plan and community safety
- working with other landlords to make unfit and unsafe houses a thing of the past.
Tel: 03451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP