Criminal justice social work reports
we provide accurate information to the courts about an offender to assist them in determining sentence.
These written reports allow the Courts to make comprehensive assessments about the risk of harm to the community.
This ensures the correct implementation of future Social Work interventions.
Reports are always produced for:
- all offenders under 21 years of age
- all adult offenders sentenced to custody for the first time
- those who are already subject to supervision.
The report must include the following information:
- details of the offender’s personal circumstances
- their attitude to their offence
- the impact on the victim (if known)
- an assessment of the risk of re-offending
- an analysis of the range of options available to the court with a recommendation of which one could be most effective
Tel: 01592 583657 Fax: 01592 583646 Contact Criminal Justice Services online