Managing Workforce Change Policy & Support
All change exercises beginning formal consultation should be managed in line with the Managing Workforce Change Policy . The emphasis of the policy is on fairness, transparency and clarity, and reflects our continuing commitment to working in partnership with employees and the Trades Unions.
If you are about to embark on a change exercises please contact your HR Business Partner or HR Direct who can help support you through the process.
A suite of documents are available to support managers and those affected by the changes and these are laid out throughout this and the other pages within this section. These are designed to guide practitioners through the relevant process/es step by step and the documentation reflects this approach.
The key elements of the policy are:
- Ensures we meet our legal obligations
- Easier to read, understand and apply
- Separate procedures define & address specific types of change
- Change to salary protection provisions
- Clarification on excess travel provisions
- Defined grounds for appeals
Procedures, detailed "How To" guides and standard forms and letters are available covering the six areas of change addressed in the Policy:-
- Structural Change
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
The policy applies to all employees within Fife Council.