Deaf communication service
Contact Scotland BSL logo
Contact Scotland BSL is Scotland’s British Sign Language Interpreting Video Relay Service (VRS) which lets you get in touch with all of Scotland’s public bodies and third sector organisations.
The Deaf Communication Service is a Fife Council service, based in the Town House, 2 Wemyssfield, Kirkcaldy but we cover the whole of Fife. We work with Education, Police Scotland (Fife Division), NHS Fife, Scottish Fire Service (East Area) and voluntary organisations.
Our aims are:
- Promoting access and empowerment for deaf people
- Improving deaf awareness
This service is for people of all ages who are:
- Hard of hearing
- And for people newly diagnosed with a hearing loss.
Help and support is also offered to families, carers, friends, employers and service providers/organisations.
The following services are available from the Deaf Communication Service:
- Advice, support and information in relation to Deafness
- Drop in service
- Help ensure services are accessible under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Workplace assessments (do you employ or are about to employ a person with a hearing loss?)
- Empowering Deaf people to access services
- Advice and information about specialist equipment
- Loan of equipment and hire of Loop systems
- Provide appropriate communication support
- Deaf Awareness Training
We can also help provide interpreters, lip speakers electronic note takers and deaf/blind guide communicators.
Tel: 03451 551503 (SMS Deaf people only 07984 356580) Fax: 01592 583259 Contact Deaf Communication Service online