More choice and control over adult day services
More choice and control over the services you get from our adult day services
We’re changing the way we work in adult day services so we’re here when you need us.
So instead of you having to fit in with the services we offer, you’ll have more choice and control in where and when you get our services.
You, or a member of your family, may want to go to college, get a job or try out new skills and experiences, like cooking, sport or drama. This may mean you need some support at nights and weekends, not just on a weekday.
We’ve already started to make these changes and they’ll be fully in place by 2012.
What are the main changes?
Here are the main changes that affect you.
- You can now use our services in the evenings and weekends if you want to take part in activities.
- We’re working to give you better access to activities where you live, whatever kind of support you get from us. Activities might include
- You’ll now be able to make choices that suit you and the way you want to live your life – and we’ll do our best to help you reach your goals.
How we’ll make these changes
We’re changing the way we organise our day services. We’ve split Fife into the following areas:
- Central – The amalgamation of Viewforth and St. Clair has now been completed and the operational base is now St. Clair. Work is continuing to fully implement the Modernisation Programme which will now include the integration of the services provided by Forward and St. Clair.
- East – Work is just starting on integrating the services provided by Robert Gough, Dalgairn and the Summit Group. The recently formed implementation committee within Dalgairn and Summit will be reconstituted to fully involve stakeholders from Robert Gough. Profiling of peoples needs and aspirations has been completed at Robert Gough and has commenced at Dalgairn and Summit.
- West – The existing West Fife Community Support Service and The Grange are beginning a programme of amalgamation to ensure that the services in the West are consistent and embrace the principles outlined by the Modernisation Programme.
By doing this, we can make stronger links with the people and organisations in these areas. These include local:
- local colleges
- community education
- voluntary organisations
- youth centres
- art clubs
- recreation clubs, and
- many other organisations you might like to get involved with.
These stronger links will help us make sure you’re getting the opportunities and experiences you want, near to where you live.
Why we’re making these changes now
Our job is to make sure you get the support and care that’s right for you, at the right time, from the right people.
Before we made these changes, we asked the people who use our service, their carers and people who work in other organisations how we could improve the way we work.
They told us they’d like more flexible services, so that’s why we’re making these changes now.
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online
Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Services
Tel: 03451 550099
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP