White Ribbon Fife
White Ribbon Fife Logo
- friends; and
- work colleagues.
who experience violence and abuse. Men need to be part of the solution.
We are asking men to wear a white ribbon and take the pledge
- highlighting a fundamental human rights issue.
- used to establish, enforce, or perpetrate gender inequalities and maintain gendered orders.
- that affect women and children disproportionately
- domestic abuse
- sexual violence (rape, incest & child sexual abuse).
- sexual harassment & intimidation at work and in the public sphere
- commercial sexual exploitation (including prostitution, pornography, lap dancing, pole dancing & human trafficking)
- forced and child marriages
- dowry related violence
- “honour” crimes
- female genital mutilation
Fife was awarded White Ribbon status by White Ribbon Scotland in December 2014 in recognition of our achievements in terms of:
- Policy Development
- Awareness raising
- Engagement across sectors
- Challenging and changing beliefs
We need your help, we particularly want men to get involved, to promote themselves as positive role models and challenge violence agianst women. To see what you can do visit White Ribbon Scotland