Leven Shorehead Improvements
Works to regenerate Leven’s town centre are underway. The project includes Bridge Street, Branch Street and in and around the Shorehead car park. Motherwell based firm, Wills Bros Civil Engineering Ltd are undertaking the works.
Improvements will include:
- parking areas
- taxi rank
- street lighting
- street furniture
The project should be complete in Spring 2018, below is a timeline showing the projects key milestones.
1. Through new and improved infrastructure, the project will deliver large scale transformational change to a site in central Leven, (Shorehead and approaches) effectively creating a flexible, user friendly space. It will:
- regenerate and enhance a key gateway and hub for the town of Leven
- increase diversity of the town centre offering
- improve connectivity of the town centre with neighbouring assets (Retail Park, Methil Docks Business Park & Waterfront)
- increase town centre footfall, the duration of visits and spending
- elevate land values and act as a catalyst for further development
- encourage private sector investment in vacant units and diversification of business mix/other uses
2. Through junction reconfiguration and uplift work from Riverside Road along Bridge Street into Shorehead, the project will:
- improve pedestrian connectivity between the town centre and the edge of centre retail park
- in particular Methil residents will have better access across the River Leven, with the waterfront business park, the Fife Coastal Path and other assets
The contractor’s site offices are based in the Promenade car park. Some parking will be restricted here during the works but the car park will still be open to public use.
Businesses on Bridge Street, High Street and around the Shorehead area are open as usual and parking/loading areas are still available. There will be times when parking will be restricted but Leven has ample parking areas in and around the town centre so please use these areas during the works.
Traders can speak to site staff by phoning 03451 55 55 55 ext 442736 or call into the site office at the Promenade car park. Site staff are approachable and willing to help out with any queries. Drawings of the improvements are available to view at Leven Library during the works or can be viewed online under 'Publications'.
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 27 36 Contact Mark Methven online
David Paterson, Community Manager (Levenmouth)
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 49 39 28 Contact David Paterson online
By Post: Buckhaven Burgh Chambers 1 College Street Buckhaven Leven Fife KY8 1AB