Report a Change (Housing Benefit)

It's important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect your housing benefit.

If you don't tell us you may be committing a criminal offence which may result in prosecution and you ending up with a criminal record.

It's better to report any changes immediately or you may lose your benefit:

Changes which will affect your housing benefit award:

  • Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down.
  • Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down
  • You or your partner start or stop working.
  • Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change.
  • Anyone joins or leaves the household.
  • The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes.
  • The amount of rent you pay changes.


Go Top

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.