Education and Children's Services
Executive Director Education and Children's Services
Tel: 01592 583372
Fife’s Education and Children’s Directorate is the second largest in Scotland. We provide high quality education and social work services to children, young people and families and in relation to criminal justice.
Our vision is to improve life chances for all
The Education and Children’s Services Directorate plays a key role in taking forward the wider aims of the council by:
- Raising attainment and achievement
- Ensuring inclusion and making a positive difference in our communities
- Improving the learning environment
- Supporting and protecting the most vulnerable
Our approach is founded on the values of:
Our priorities are to improve:
- Educational Outcomes– raising attainment, literacy, numeracy levels etc.
- Employability Skills– raising overall achievement, including skills for work and life in the community.
- Equality and Equity– reducing inequalities and seeking to break the cycle of social disadvantage. Our interventions need to be as early as possible and then sustained.
- Enhancing opportunities for our most vulnerable groups and individuals - protecting our most vulnerable children, families, and service users but also enhancing opportunities to improve their whole life outcomes and seek to secure positive outcomes and destinations for learners.
Our commitment in practice:
We will attract and recruit the most effective practitioners; and we will develop their professional learning and practice.
We will develop effective partnerships and integrate services in a child and family-centred way.
We will focus our efforts on prevention, early intervention to break the cycle of disadvantage and protect the vulnerable.
We will be relentless in our focus on improving outcomes for all.
Tel: 01592 583372 Contact Education Service online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ