How is additional support provided in Fife?

Class teachers will provide support to all pupils to help them develop and learn.  Some pupils will receive help from a Pupil Support Assistant (PSA) and this may be to support their reading, writing, organisation or physical movement.

Every school in Fife has a Learning Support teacher (sometimes called Support for Learning).  This teacher will advise the class teacher on how best to support children/young people with additional support needs.  The Learning Support teacher will sometimes work directly with an individual child, or with a small group of children to help with their reading, writing, mathematics or other aspects of their learning.  If you  have concerns about your child's learning you should first speak to the headteacher of your child's school.

 The Pupil Support Service will provide advice and support to schools to support children/young people who have social, emotional and behaviour difficulties.

 Fife Council's Psychological Service can also provide support and advice to schools as well as to parents.

 You can access more information by clicking on the teams currently highlighted on the left hand side of the screen.

Jennifer Allan, Headteacher Support for Learner's Service (East Area) 
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 21 26 Contact Jennifer Allan online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.