Community Asset Transfer
- Be a community controlled body with a minimum membership of 20 people
- Members of the controlled body must be defined as a community which can be a community of interest or community of place
- A Scottish charitable incorporated organisation (SCIO) with a constitution
- A community based benefit society or a company limited by guarantee
- Be able to provide details/evidence of demand for the services the organisation will deliver
- Identify who owns the property
- Consult with the community that they support your application
- Research similar projects that could either support or compete with your initiative
- Identify potential partners, and stakeholders including funding opportunities
- Involve current and prospective funders early in the process. Engage with them to gain their views, as well as keeping them informed
- Be realistic about timescales, be aware that negotiations and approvals can take time
- At an early stage, hold an initial negotiation meeting. This will ensure that the proposal is workable
- Scrutinise all documents to make sure you understand the content. Is the agreed ‘deal’ clear to all
- Ask if you do not understand something, don’t just sign on the dotted line
- Keep your community informed about your proposal and its progress
The process maps are available for viewing in the publications section below. For more information get in touch with the contacts listed below:
Community Asset Transfer Live Applications
ASSET TRANSFER UNDER THE COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT ACT - NOTICE OF ASSET TRANSFER REQUEST
An asset transfer request has been made to Fife Council under Part 5 of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015. The request has been made by Kingdom Brass and relates to ex-Kelty Library Building, Cocklaw Street, Kelty.
The request is for purchase of the land/building. The proposed use of the land/building is for rehearsal space for groups and individuals. The documents relating to this request can be viewed below or at Brunton House, High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU by contacting Kevin Sayer, Community Manager on 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 471741.
Anyone may make representations about this request to Fife Council. Representations must be in writing and include the name and address of the person making it. A copy of the representation will be given to the organisation making the request.
Representations must be made by Friday, 29thDecember 2017. They should be sent to Zahida Ramzan, Policy Co-ordinator (Zahida.email@example.com)
General information about the asset transfer scheme is available at [www.gov.scot/asset transfer].