Deaf communication service
We are a Fife Council service, based in the Town House, 2 Wemyssfield, Kirkcaldy but we cover the whole of Fife.
We work with Education, Police Scotland (Fife Division), NHS Fife, Scottish Fire Service (East Area) and voluntary organisations.
Our aims are:
- Promoting access and empowerment for deaf people
- Improving deaf awareness
This service is for people of all ages who are:
- Hard of hearing
- And for people newly diagnosed with a hearing loss.
Help and support is also offered to families, carers, friends, employers and service providers/organisations.
The following services are available from the Deaf Communication Service:
- Advice, support and information in relation to Deafness
- Drop in service
- Help ensure services are accessible under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Workplace assessments (do you employ or are about to employ a person with a hearing loss?)
- Empowering Deaf people to access services
- Advice and information about specialist equipment
- Loan of equipment and hire of Loop systems
- Provide appropriate communication support
- Deaf Awareness Training
We can also help provide interpreters, lip speakers electronic note takers and deaf/blind guide communicators.
Tel: 03451 551503 (SMS Deaf people only 07984 356580) Fax: 01592 583259 Contact Deaf Communication Service online