St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan
On 5th October 2012, Fife Council adopted the St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan.
A fully interactive version of the St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan is available to view here. The latest Action Programme (E2) can be viewed by clicking here.
Copies of the Plan may also be inspected at the following locations during normal opening hours:
- Fife Council Enterprise, Planning & Protective Service Office at Kingdom House, Kingdom Avenue, Glenrothes
- Fife Council Libraries within the Local Plan area
About the St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan
The St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan is one of three existing Local Plans covering Fife. A single Local Development Plan for Fife (FIFEplan) is currently being prepared which will replace the St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan, once adopted.
The Plan sets out detailed policies and proposals to guide development over a 10 year period. The area covered by the Plan is diverse with a mix of urban and rural towns and villages and attractive and varied coast and countryside.
- Cupar and St Andrews are the main commercial and service centres in the Plan area
- Farmimg, tourism and mineral extraction (principally sand and gravel) are all important to the local economy
- St Andrews is a major tourist attraction, famous internationally as 'The Home of Golf' and also for its University
The local plan is concerned with matters such as:
- maintaining and enhancing the countryside
- directing new development to those areas most able to absorb it and where the most benefit will be gained
- the need to provide affordable housing
- the requirement to balance development pressure in the St Andrews area with the commitment to a Green Belt for the town
The St Andrews & East Fife Local Plan Examination Report was published on 6 March 2012. To view the report click here.
Strategic Environmental Assessment of the Local Plan
The Post-Adoption Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Statement sets out:
· How environmental considerations have been integrated into the Local Plan;
· How the Environmental Report, has been taken into account;
· How opinions and results of consultation under regulations 14 and 18 have been taken into account;
· Reasons for choosing the plan as adopted; and
· The measures to be taken to monitor the significant environmental effects of the Local Plan.
The post-adoption SEA Statement are is available to view here
You can view available Landscape Reports under the Land use audits and information tab on the left hand side of this page.
A Report relating to the St Andrews West Visual Analysis was Item 05 at Planning Committee on 1st October 2009. The appendices to the Committee Report can be found in the supporting documents of the online consultation.
Tel: 03451 551122