Vandalism - prevention measures
Fife’s Community Warden Service works closely with other frontline services to make our communities a safer place to live. The Team is managed by Fife Council’s Local Services Network on behalf of Fife Community Safety Partnership.
Fife’s Community Wardens provide a friendly and reassuring presence and act as a link between the local community and other services. They aim to promote their local neighbourhood as a safe, attractive place to visit, shop, work and live.
Community Wardens aim to:
- Report incidents of antisocial behaviour or crime to other council services or the Police.
- Take prompt action on vandalism, graffiti, littering and fly tipping.
- Patrol communities, reassuring residents, business people and visitors.
- Continuously monitor areas of specific concern.
- Work in partnership with other agencies to provide the best possible response to community safety issues.
- Engage with young people through patrols and visits to local schools and youth groups.
- Engage with residents to organise local initiatives to promote a sense of community belonging.
Beautiful Fife also encourages and supports local people and community groups to take action to improve their local environment and community.