Garden care scheme
Our garden care scheme is open to any Fife Council tenant if they meet the conditions below.
To join the scheme you should be:
- Over the age of 60, OR
- Registered as disabled and in receipt of higher rate Disability Living Allowance (both care and mobility components), OR
- In receipt of Personal Independence Payment and receiving either the enhanced mobility or enhanced daily living components
In addition to the above criteria you must also have no other person in household able to cut the grass and hedge (over the age of 16).
If you are a tenant, and don’t meet the above conditions, but can't manage your garden because of chronic ill health, we might be able to help - speak to someone at your Local Office. You can locate your Local Office by using the 'find my nearest' search facility on this page.
Applications are made through your Local Office. You should bring proof of age (Myfife card or photo driving licence), Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
We don't need your payment when you first apply.
Standards of Service
In a normal season you can expect;
- grass cut every 2 weeks, weather permitting (up to 500 square meters, e.g. 25 meters by 20 meters)
- hedge cut on two occasions, once in June/July and once in September/October, again weather permitting
- application of chemical weedkiller (if requested). Please note weeds are sprayed but not removed.
Those who join the scheme after the date specified on the acceptance letter will receive fewer cuts.
Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP