Birth certificate amendments

If you were born in Scotland, you can, if you wish to do so, change your forename(s) or surname(s) on your birth certificate.

NOTE - Any reference to forenames also includes any middle names.

Please see the guidance leaflet 'Recording Change of Name' available in the publications section for details of the procedure to be followed.  The necessary application forms are also available within the publications section.

The cost of recording a change of name on your birth certificate is currently £40. 

You can also contact a Registrar from one of the Registration Offices listed below for further advice and information:

Your Enquiry

Please give details below about the nature of your enquiry.

Send enquiry to: Registration of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)

If you want to complain about the services you've received from Fife Council please click here



Your Contact Details

Please provide your preferred contact details so we can reply to your enquiry. Privacy Statement

NOTE: Do Not Alter This Field:

Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.