Fife Council’s Community Sports Grants of up to £250 are available to assist individuals and clubs. These grants are available in four categories:
- Individual Sports Grants
- Coaches and Sports Officials Training Grant
- Sports Club Development Grant
- Sports Club Start Up Grant
Individual Sports Awards
Grants are available to support individual sports people in Fife who are competing at District, Regional or National level to help with the costs of competitions and training.
Examples of where this grant can assist are towards:
- Competition fees
- Travel costs
- Additional training costs incurred as a representative of a Fife, Regional or National squad.
To be eligible for this category of grant applicants:
- Must live in Fife
- Should not be eligible for lottery sports fund talented athlete programme or talented identification programme.
- Require approval and endorsement by the respective National Governing Body of Sport
- Should be participating in sports with a sportscotland recognised Governing Body
- Are required to provide a forward training and competition programme, detailing costs and personal performance targets.
Applicants can receive grants of up to 50% of the total costs, up to a maximum of £200.
Coach & Sports Officials Training Grant
Grants are available to encourage, support and promote the training and development of sports coaches and officials.
All courses must be recognised by the sportscotland recognised Governing Body (or equivalent body). Applicants must be actively coaching or officiating at a club, community centre or sports centre in Fife in a voluntary capacity.
The grant will only be awarded on proof of attendence and successful completion of the course.
Applicants can receive grants of up to 50% of the total course costs, up to a maximum of £200.
Sports Club Grants
There are two types of grants available to sports clubs – ‘Club Development’ and ‘Club Start Up’.
To be eligible for either of the sports club grants, clubs must:
- Be constitued and have a recognised committee in place
- Have a club bank account
- Be actively operating, training and playing in Fife or setting themselves up to do so
- Be affiliated to their Area Sports Council
- Be participating in sports with a sportscotland recognised Governing Body
- Be a voluntary sports club
- Have their appliaction endorsed by two committee memebers (one must be an office bearer)
Clubs can receive grants of up to 50% of the total costs, up to a maximum of £250.
1.Club Development Grant
In addition to the above criteria, clubs must also have successfully achieved their sportscotland recognised governing body accreditation scheme or Fife Councils club accreditation scheme “Clubfife”, as well as having both equal opportunities and child protection policies in place.
Club development grants are to assist clubs to achieve the aims and objectives in their development plan and but will not support a clubs general running costs such as admin, facility hire and travel costs.
2. Club start up grant
Grants are available for costs associated with the setting up of either a new club or a new section to an existing club (such as to purchase equipment or pay towards an initial facility hire).
For more information on community sports grants, or to request an application pack please contact us on 01592 583 334.