Repatriation of bodies to other countries

Some countries require a Cadaver Certificate before they will allow a body into the country for burial.

The certificate, if issued, confirms that no epidemic of infectious disease occurred in the borough for some three months preceding the death. 

The certificate is issued by the Environmental Health Officer for the Council in whose area the person died, or is to be exhumed from before reburial elsewhere. 

Every country has its own regulations and it is always worth checking with the Embassy or Consulate first.

Environmental Services (Environment) - Central
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 47 33 98 By Post: Denburn Yard Denburn Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY1 2HD
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.