Special uplifts in East Fife
The special uplift service is suspended for 2 weeks in East Fife from from 18 February to 1 March 2019 due to the route changes affecting your area. If your next landfill bin collection is after the 15th February, we cannot book your special uplift just now. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
What is a special uplift for?
We provide a special uplift service to collect bulky household items. This includes fridges, freezers, furniture and more.
When can I book an uplift?
To arrange a special uplift you must call the Recycling Helpline on 03451 55 00 22. Book between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings are available up until 2.00pm the day before the uplift is due.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a special uplift is £15 per uplift for a limited number of items. Extra items may incur an extra charge.
Special uplifts can be cancelled and refunded up until 2pm the working day before the uplift is due.
How does the special uplift service work?
When you call us we’ll explain in detail how the service works. Collections are normally done on your landfill waste collection day.
You need to tell us how many items you need us to remove and dispose of and what thes eitems are. We limit the number of items we collect at one time so that the service is fair and cost-effective
Are there any restrictions?
- We can’t accept some materials due to health and safety laws. This includes:
- soil and rubble
- heavy metal objects
- bathroom suites with cast iron or ceramic baths
- concrete and bricks from items such as storage heaters
- heavy items including pianos.
- You will need to put (or arrange to put) items on the pavement outside your home. We can’t come into your home to pick up an item.
What else can I do?
- Donate any reusable furniture or electrical items to a local furniture charity. They normally uplift the items free of charge. Visit our reuse pages for more information on how to donate your goods for reuse.
- You can take many bulky items to your nearest Recycling Centre for recycling or disposal. Visit our Recycling Centres page to find your nearest centre and to see what materials are accepted. Householders can dispose of waste free of charge at Recycling Centres.
You can contact us on the details at the end of this page for further information.
Recycling Helpline (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 00 22 Contact Recycling Helpline (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online