Street Naming and Numbering
Street naming and numbering is the responsibility of local authorities and is carried out in conjunction with property developers, community groups and local councillors. For further information please see the Conventions and Policy and Procedures documents below.
We are governed by the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, Section 97 and addressing complies to the British Standard (BS7666).
Do It Online
The following street naming and numbering services can be requested by filling in the Street and Property Naming Request form:
- Submit a general enquiry relating to Fife addresses
- Add or change a property name
- Amend an existing address
- Register new properties
- Request street name(s) for new housing developments
- The provision of documentation to confirm official address details
Charges for this service
There is an administration charge associated with the provision of the Street Naming and Numbering service. Please follow this link for more information.