Community Regeneration Project
Fun day organised by tenants and residents at Ballast Bank Community Centre
South East Inverkeithing Neighbourhood Partnership is a way for people living in the regeneration area to come together with area Local Community Planning Partners to improve quality of life for people living in the regeneration area.
The vision of the Neighbourhood Partnership is;
- An inclusive, healthy & vibrant community with a range of accessible facilities and activities for all
- People feel confident, skilled and trained to access employment opportunities
- An area that is safe, attractive and well maintained with quality affordable housing
A copy of the Neighbourhood Plan and the roles and responsibilites of the Neighbourhood Partnership is available under publications at the bottom of this page.
The regeneration initiative is firmly rooted in South West Fife’s Community Plan under the themes of ‘Reducing Inequality’ and ‘Employment.
What we have done so far
- From April to June 2014, we consulted with tenants and residents to find out what was important to them and what they would like to see developed in the area. The feedback from this consultation is available below – see April to June 2014 Consultation outcomes
- In May 2014, we also had a pop in event at the community flat in Fraser Avenue. This event allowed tenants and residents to come along, share their ideas and solutions to some of the problems facing the community in Fraser Avenue. The feedback from this event is available below – see Pop in Event May 2014 feedback
- Fife Council has agreed to accelerate demolition of the flats in Fraser Avenue
- House letting has now stopped in Fraser Avenue
- A Master Planning exercise is currently underway
- A Local Neighbourhood Plan has been drafted
How you can get involved
Sub Groups have formed to take forward and actions and interventions to address the priorities that are important to the community.
- Housing and Neighbourhood issues group
- Health/ Wellbeing
- Employability and anti-poverty group
- Access to Amenities
Membership of the Neighbourhood Partnership is made up from local people, Fife Council Services, Health, Third Sector and Police Scotland.
To find out how to get involved in any of the Sub Groups please see the contact below.
Area profile statistics on South East Inverkeithing area are available to view - see publications below.
Tracy Harley, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 38 54 Contact Tracy Harley online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ