Recycling and waste for residents
East Fife collection day changes
Bin collection days will change for most households in East Fife on 18 February 2019. Please check your new bin collection days on our online bin calendar. A print version of your bin calendar will be available by 25 January.
Where a bin is due to be collected over 7 days after its normal collection day then we will help.
- Blue bin - up to 2 bags of side waste will be collected alongside blue bins on the weeks of 18th February to 11th March, or the first collection of their blue bin after the changeover
- Green bin - up to 2 bags of cans and plastics will be collected alongside green bins on the weeks of 18th February to 11th March, or the first collection of their green bin after the changeover
- Grey bins - up to 2 bundles of paper and cardboard will be collected alongside grey bins on the weeks of 18th February to 11th March , or the first collection of their grey bin after the changeover
To help with this change there will be no special uplift collections in East Fife from 18 February to 1 March 2019.
Brown bin winter collections
Brown bins will be collected every 4 weeks between 1 December and 1 March. Check your brown bin collections dates at www.fifedirect.org.uk/bincalendar.
There are many ways you can recycle household waste. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and Recycling Centres
- how to find your bin collection calendar online
- recycling your food waste and how to get your food waste bags
We are changing what to put in your bins. Find out more on our 4 bin service page.
How are we doing?
In 2017 Fife recycled 55% and diverted 61% of its household waste from landfill. This means that Fife is still one of the best performing councils for recycling in Scotland.
Yet there is still more to do. Scotland has challenging targets of by 2025 recycling 70% and sending 5% to landfill. Fife Council has its own even more ambitious target to put no waste into landfill sites by 2020, provided it’s financially possible.
New Access Policy for Recycling Centres
From 1 January 2018 we are operating a new Household Waste Recycling Centre Access Policy. We have also implemented measures to control commercial waste disposal at Recycling Centres. For more information view our Access Policy on the Recycling Centre page.
What else can I do?
Our recycling A to Z provides advice about what to do with a wide range of different products.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service.