Trading standards for consumers
We work in partnership with the Citizens Advice consumer helpline who provide help and advice with consumer problems. Their advisers will:
- give advice on ways to help resolve your issue
- tell you the law which applies to your situation
- pass information about complaints on to Trading Standards or another partner organisation, if appropriate
In Fife, you can also contact Citizens Advice & Rights Fife.
You can report specific issues to Fife Trading Standards, namely:
- someone selling counterfeit goods
- selling age restricted products to a person under age
- breaches of the smoking ban
- product safety issues
on our online reporting form.
Please DO NOT use the reporting form for general consumer advice.
Trading Standards operates the Trusted Trader scheme. Find out more at fifedirect.org.uk/trustedtrader.
Citizens Advice consumer helpline
Tel: 03454 040506