Trading standards for consumers
Consumer advice is provided by the Citizens Advice Consumer Service who offer practical advice and assistance with consumer issues.
You can contact them through their enquiry form (external link) or call 03454 04 05 06. The helpline adviser will:
- give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
- tell you the law which applies to your situation
- pass information about complaints on to Trading Standards if appropriate
In Fife, you can also contact Citizens Advice & Rights Fife.
Issues you can report directly to Fife Trading Standards are:
- someone selling counterfeit goods
- selling age restricted products to a person under age
- breaches of the smoking ban
This can be done online using our reporting form.
Delivery Law UK
This website is designed and managed by The Highland Council and funded by Trading Standards Scotland, on behalf of the UK Consumer Protection Partnership.
It provides comprehensive information for consumers, businesses and practitioners on their rights and obligations in relation to parcel delivery and advice on the law relating to delivery charges www.deliverylaw.uk
Citizens Advice consumer helpline
Tel: 03454 040506