Trading standards for consumers
Citizens Advice Consumer Service works in partnership with Trading Standards. Their trained advisers offer free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of consumer issues including disputes with a trader. The consumer helpline will assess your problem, provide advice and if necessary, share the information you provide with Trading Standards or another appropriate agency.
You can contact them by:
- Telephone on 03454 04 05 06.
- Visiting citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland to find out what your rights are and how to take action.
In Fife, you can also contact Citizens Advice & Rights Fife.
Trading Standards operates the Trusted Trader scheme. Find out more at fifedirect.org.uk/trustedtrader.
The Trading Standards reporting form is to provide information about specific issues, namely:
- someone trading in counterfeit goods
- selling of age restricted products to a person under age
- breaching the smoke ban in an enclosed public place
- product safety issues
Please DO NOT use this form if you are in dispute with a trader or require consumer advice. In these circumstances please contact Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline as detailed above.
Citizens Advice consumer helpline
Tel: 03454 040506