Primary 3C - Miss Shevlin
Welcome to Primary 3!
Welcome back to school and to a new primary year!
Our class routines are:
- Homework - handed out on a Friday, to be returned on a Tuesday
- PE Kit - please bring shorts, a t-shirt and a change of shoes. Kits can be kept in our class storage box all week
- PE days - our main PE day is a Friday, but it is recommended that kits are brought in and stored in our class storage box
In numeracy/maths this term, we intend to:
- Learn to read, write and say numbers to 100/1000
- Discuss digits in a number, their position, their value and importance
- Identify more/less than, odd/even numbers and number patterns
- Be able to identify symmetry in shapes, symbols and patterns and create our own symmetrical patterns
- Develop mental maths skills and understanding of strategies through daily practice
In literacy this term, we intend to:
- Develop our understanding of a text and it's purpose
- Develop and extend the range of reading comprehension strategies before, during and after reading
- Develop and extend our range of vocabulary through tallying, chunking and sounding out
- Engage with others by listening and talking in turns, and respond with respect
Our Topic for August-December is...
We will be investigating the wonderful world of Minibeasts of all shapes and sizes. We intend to:
- Investigate the differences between living and non-living things
- Sort living things into groups and explain reasoning
- Differentiate between animals and plants
- Research different habitats and how they sustain life
- Investigate the food chain and it's importance to a habitat and the life that survives there
- Identify symmetry in nature and use it as a stimulus for creative projects
- Investigate the ways that conservation of the environment can help sustain habitats and life
- Investigate my home, school and local area and discover the minibeasts which exist all around me
We can't wait to get started!!